We believe in putting things out there fast to get it in the hands of users to provide feedback. You get access to the newest features and get a glimpse of what is to come however they come at a risk.
First it is important to understand why features may be designated as beta:
- The feature could be stable however we do not yet have adequate support documentation or have trained our support team to answer questions about the feature
- We want feedback on an API that we expect to change
- We are close to release but need more testing
When using beta features, you must understand:
- Documentation & support will be limited compared to other features.
- Some features may never make it out of beta and be canceled
- Beta features may not be stable, they may have bugs and the API might change
Beta features will be clearly marked that they are beta and often, whenever possible, have an opt-in so you understand that the features is in beta.